The National Charter Schools Institute is seeking a passionate, results-oriented doer to join our team, manage our digital communications, and help change the arc of education. Ideal candidates will have the desire, energy and know-how to grow and expand the Institute’s visibility, influence, and impact.
Position Title: Digital Communications Manager
- Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
The Digital Communications Manager is a new position. This position will work hand-in-hand with the Institute’s Leadership Team, our Creative Services Team, and external partners to use digital communications to grow the Institute’s national prominence, highlight the success or our partners, and promote our programs, products, and services. Success in this role will include developing and advancing the Institute’s digital engagement strategy; working with and translating between subject matter experts, content creators, and technology tools; and measuring the impact of intended communications for continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of the Digital Communications Manager are to lead the day-to-day management and execution of our digital communications and outreach. This includes working with a variety of people across the entire organization, having solid listening skills, a growth mindset, and the will and ability to deliver on promises. It is expected that the person serving as the Digital Communications Manager will:
- Embrace, honor, and live the Institute’s organizational values (www.charterinstitute.org).
- Respect and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people, internally and externally.
- Possess experience and expertise in branding, communications, marketing, and sales.
- Know how to most effectively leverage the power of technology and social media.
- Manage various websites, update and refresh content, track analytics, and optimize the user experience.
- Guide the Institute’s social media strategy, including content creation, and analysis of intended impact across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other key social platforms.
- Assist in the development and management of digital assets - photos, videos, graphics, etc.
- Continuously strive to improve and optimize the Institute’s digital communications and outreach.
- Work collaboratively to implement marketing cycles across platforms, including messaging, audience identification, and targeted delivery of messaging to drive action and engagement.
- Strengthen the Institute’s CRM strategy for building and segmenting contacts.
- Be a compelling storyteller, incorporating knowledge of partner personas, needs, pain points and motivations – ultimately translating these stories into compelling statements of impact.
- Attend key conferences and events to help create awareness and build the partner pipeline.
- Bring humility, confidence, a relentless pursuit of excellence, and a desire to be part of a committed team.
- Possess a growth mindset and a passion for developing your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Value the creative process and be fully engaged with a diverse and dynamic team of people.
- Superior ability to write, speak, and interact with all people.
- Track record of generating compelling ideas, strategies and tactics for effective communications.
- Ability to organize and systematize the on-going execution of message delivery and impact analysis.
- Project management skills, including ability to balance multiple projects at a time.
- Strong ability to analyze, problem solve and thrive in a self-managed environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and adjust to competing and conflicting priorities.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience managing and executing digital communications.
- Capability to expand, grow, segment and influence various target audiences.
- Ability to travel and attend various state and national events and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, entrepreneurship, management information systems, marketing, or related field.
About the Institute
The Institute is a values-driven, non-profit organization that exists to change the arc of education so it works better for students and those who serve them. Kids are the WHY behind all we do. Our vision is for every student to discover their gifts and experience the transformative power of education. We are relentless about inspiring, equipping and supporting the needs of the charter movement. We develop and deliver a dynamic array of tools and services strategically designed to strengthen the performance and productivity of schools, boards, and authorizing agencies. Visit www.CharterInstitute.org to learn more.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position that includes benefits (health care, retirement, paid time-off, and eligibility for annual performance bonus). Compensation will be commensurate with experience and expertise.
This position may work remotely, in the office located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, or a combination thereof. As a national organization, the vast majority of the Institute’s team works virtually from various home offices located across the nation. In person attendance is sometimes required for organizational events such as team meetings, retreats, special projects, conferences, partner engagements, and other events.
Applications: Review and Submission
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and examples of your digital communications abilities. Please submit all materials to search@CharterInstitute.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, or current employment status. The Institute encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Jill K. Urban
Chief of Staff
National Charter Schools Institute
711 West Pickard Street, Suite M
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858