Position Title: Program Manager for Partner Services
We are changing the way public education operates nationally through our work with school leadership and their boards, charter school authorizers, and education support organizations. Our goal is to create the conditions where innovation and inspiration provide amazing experiences for students, staff, families, and communities. The National Charter Schools Institute (the Institute) works with schools, boards, authorizers, support organizations and associations from Washington D.C. to Hawaii, Maine to Florida, Michigan to Texas. This work matters.
General Statement of Responsibilities:
You will join a team of experienced former charter school authorizers, school teachers and leaders, and support organization directors that use their combined experience to enable success for students by improving practices. You will be directly responsible for the team’s continued growth through finding and responding to grant opportunities, responses for proposals (RFPs), and cultivating relationships with authorizers, schools, support organizations, and school boards across the nation. You will be responsible for enhancing our quality and creating immediate national impact by creating PowerPoints for engagements, professional resources, and frameworks that follow our philosophy on accountability. You will bring to the team focused attention to detail, creative solutions to complex problems, the ability to multi-task and produce a high volume of excellent work independently, and a sense of humor.
- Research, develop and execute initiatives from the ideation stage through project management, development and execution stages
- Coordinate meeting logistics for the team, including providing invites, materials, and follow up communications
- Plan and develop presentation, materials, workshop tools, and resources
- Respond to requests for proposals and apply for grant opportunities to expand our network
- Work with schools, boards, and authorizers on accountability measures and other aspects of operation
- Synthesize for dissemination best practices in school oversight, operations, and instruction
- Know and understand current needs for schools, boards, states and authorizers, often outlined in Requests for Proposals from foundations, education agencies, and nonprofits
- Develop interactive, engaging presentations for both video and in person conferences and conventions
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and current and prospective clients by video, email, telephone and in person
- Create professional documents for publication on our website and for dissemination
- Foster an environment and culture that promotes trust, loyalty and collegial respect among and between team members
- Identify, analyze and solve challenges that arise, exercising common sense and sound judgment
- Maintain exemplary attention to detail, at times under pressure
- Be a team player and contribute to projects and duties as assigned
You enjoy creating, innovating, and problem-solving. You want to impact change, and believe that all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, economic status, ability, and home language are able to succeed at high academic levels. You are responsible, dependable, and reliable, with your own organization system to ensure high quality deliverables are completed on time. You initiate your workflows and take pride in a sense of accomplishment in performing important and routine tasks under tight deadlines, with changing priorities and minimal supervision.
You know how to manage up. You enjoy listening to others, sharing ideas, and working in collaboration to create an exceptional product. You bring confidence, sincerity, and credibility to build trusted relationships with school leaders and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, and either direct teaching experience for 3+ years, or a masters degree in curriculum and instruction, or assessment
- At least 3 years of experience working within a charter school authorizing agency, district or charter school, and/or advocate or support organizations
- Expert use of Excel, including the use of Pivot tables
- Expert use of Word, Adobe, and PowerPoint and knowledge of Tableau is an asset (not required)
- Project management experience from conception to delivery desired, with the ability to communicate risk assessments, opportunities and current status
- Strong experience and knowledge of the education sector
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, manage and effectuate change in an agile environment
- Strong technical, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with competing priorities while maintaining exemplary attention to detail
- Ability to represent the organization with the highest degree of professionalism, ensuring a positive image is maintained
- Strong attention to achievement of organizational goals, performance and productivity
- A passion for quality and excellence
- A steadfast commitment to the “customer first” philosophy
- An allegiance to the team, in demonstrating trust and loyalty
- A commitment to continuous professional growth
- The ability to be equally adept at working independently and as a member of a team
- The ability to travel, as needed, to conferences, clients, conventions, etc.
Flexible (remote work is supported)
A full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strive to foster an environment where everyone feels included. We believe that when people bring their unique identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to our community, we are able to truly achieve excellence in our work.
Send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Jill K. Urban
Chief of Staff
National Charter Schools Institute
711 West Pickard Street, Suite M
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
The National Charter Schools Institute is a non-profit, mission driven organization headquartered in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. For more information, contact 989-317-3510 or visit www.charterinstitute.org.