The National Charter Schools Institute is seeking an experienced, high functioning, results-oriented Technical Support Specialist (Tier 3) to join our team. This person will help us develop and grow a dynamic array of tools and services strategically designed to strengthen performance and productivity in the education sector and across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success, a passion for quality and excellence, and a steadfast commitment to the “customer first” philosophy.
The technical support team is responsible for becoming extensively knowledgeable about its custom software product (Epicenter) developed by our organization and utilized nationally within the education industry. With this extensive knowledge, team members provide a variety of value-added services throughout the entire client experience.
Position Title: Technical Support Specialist (Tier 3)
General Statement of Responsibility:
As a Technical Support Specialist, this position is responsible for providing subject matter expertise, guidance and technical support to a range of users, in an efficient and effective manner. Responsibilities of this position include providing third level technical support to internal users of a custom developed software. This position requires an individual with advanced experience with Microsoft SQL. The ability to clearly communicate with the various support levels, development groups, leadership and users of the software is essential.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- ● Promptly assess, triage, and respond to issues escalated from the Epicenter support and development teams.
- ● Proactively manage escalated incidents through resolution and/or de-escalation to lower support levels, and communicate with other IT groups as appropriate to ensure issue resolution.
- ● Provide a wide range of application support from testing existing and new features.
- ● Mentor, coach and assist with training lower support tiers.
- ● Collaborates with software support specialists and developers to resolve critical and more complex problems in a timely manner.
- ● Provide on- call IT consultation during product demonstrations with prospects and existing clients.
- ● Monitor status of open trouble tickets to ensure that service level agreements and timelines are being met and follow up with leadership as needed.
- ● Enter and follow up with development on software defects and other advanced issues relating to open problems.
- ● Assist with assimilating new technical areas designated for operational support.
- ● Proactively coordinate among various IT group for Incident/Problem triage, action steps, root cause analysis, and long-term resolution.
- ● Formally document and share issue-related and/or preventative knowledge.
- ● Participate in established projects as assigned.
- ● Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with information technology focus.
- ● Advanced experience with Microsoft SQL.
- ● Preferred 5+ years of experience in advanced third level support for applications, infrastructure or service desk.
- ● Experience with administration, installation and configuration, development, version upgrades, data migration, backup and recovery, replication, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, index optimization, shell scripts, database development, writing stored procedures and triggers.
- ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technically complex issues to various audiences.
- ● Demonstrated capability for logical and consistent problem solving with emphasis on resolution of complex technical problems using root cause and other program analysis techniques.
- ● Experience in navigating through a variety of software programs.
- ● Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities while maintaining attention to details.
- ● Goal-oriented and able to function under deadlines.
- ● Ability to work beyond a 40/hour work week, including weekends as needed.
- ● Travel as required.
The person in this position must possess:
- ●A passion for advancing excellence in education.
- ●Ability to uphold a positive image and relationships with internal and external publics.
- ●A demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth.
- ●The ability to be equally adept at working independently and as a member of a team.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. Send cover letter and resume to:
Jill K. Urban
Chief of Staff
National Charter Schools Institute
711 West Pickard Street, Suite M
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858