We are here for you!
Are you feeling overwhelmed by creating accountability systems for the school year (SY) 2020-21? With schools determining whether they can be on-site or 100% remote, or a combination of both, you, as the authorizer, are trying to determine that students and staff will be safe and that learning will occur.
This is unprecedented and wild territory.
We, at the National Charter Schools Institute, have a pulse on the national work, and are working with authorizers and schools to ensure the right level of accountability while ensuring schools have the most autonomy they need to be as responsive to their communities' needs and wants.
TOOLS & SERVICES
- Accountability. With or without state assessment data, the charter Authorizer is responsible for ensuring schools are safe places where exceptional learning and development occurs. We help authorizers create responsive goals that respect school autonomy, address community needs' and wants, and ensure that the students are learning.
- Facilitate group consultancies with schools. Whether addressing reopening or other state, authorizer, or local requirements, our group consultancies bring school leaders together to discuss their approaches--sharing ideas and experiences, while our staff provides the background and ensures compliance. This brave and safe space for leaders is conducted via video-conferencing and follow-up notes are provided.
- Leadership Coaching. New leader of your office or finding the rug pulled out from under you by COVID19? We provide leadership support to think through difficult times. We have combined years of experience in authorizing--from compliance to performance to finance-and can help build your own philosophy, system, and practices, while taking care of your mental health, too. We offer this service through virtual video conferencing.
TOOLS & SERVICES
- Resources. National database of best SY 2020-21 school resources that is searchable by topic for easy research: https://nationalcharterschools.org/covid-resources/
- A model plan. We have developed a model plan to respond to state education agencies (SEA) and authorizer requirements for re-opening school buildings and providing instructional delivery plans. This is critical when thinking about learning engagement versus seat-time. Our team can provide the same attention to detail that we gave to developing DC-specific model plan that takes into consideration all of DC's multiple guidance documents.
- Goals. Beyond instructional plans and safely opening, our team can assist with the development of academic goals that reflect the instructional plans and adjustments made due to the changing environment and lack of traditionally used data.
- Group and one-on-one consultancy. Our team of experts are here to help you and your teams to make sense of the multiple resources and guidance in order to finalize or adapt a plan that will provide high quality education while keeping students and staff safe, especially when flexibility is crucial. Our team will discuss and review reopening plans and will be available to help you through the fall as you may need to make adjustments and adapt to the changing environment.
- Leadership Coaching. New leader of your school or finding the rug pulled out from under you by COVID19? We provide leadership support to think through difficult times. We have combined years of experience in school leadership--from teaching to operating-and can help you ensure your mission and vision is met, while taking care of your mental health, too. We offer this service through virtual video conferencing.