Join the A-GAME
“We want to charter a new alternative school but we do not know how to hold them accountable.”
“The school claims they re-engage students who have fallen through the cracks, but I do not know how to measure whether this is true.”
“The four-year adjusted cohort graduation rate for a credit-recovery school we chartered is close to 50 percent. What does that mean?”
“We can see by the data that students arrive with social emotional needs, but how much academic progress should I expect?”
If you struggle with any or all of these questions, we welcome you to submit an application to join a group of innovative charter authorizers in your geographic region looking to stretch their thinking and practice.
Purpose of Regional Capacity Networks
Improve authorizers’ policies and practices in the oversight of AEC charter schools, with particular focus on accountability and decision making.
- Participate in three regional networking events to be held between January and August of 2020.
- Networking meetings will be 1 or 2 days each and will likely require travel.
- Travel expenses will be covered, with the exception of food and beverages.
- Commit to engage with your AEC charter schools to get feedback on approaches.
- Support the ongoing collection of AEC performance data by encouraging your AECs to provide anonymized student data to project researchers (Momentum) via a secure information and data sharing portal, Epicenter, at no cost to you or the schools;
- Participate in dissemination activities to promote the A-GAME.
- Link to the A-GAME website from your organization’s homepage;
- Participate in national and/or local conference presentations upon request;
- Share resources and tools with other authorizers and AECs.
- Agree to full participation, as outlined under Commitment above.
- Demonstrated organizational commitment to the project’s mission of increasing the number of quality AEC charters available to students across the country.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement new policies and/or practices within your organization (this can be with or without assistance from external entities).
Join the A-GAME
“This grant will help all charter public schools and their authorizers build smart and strong practices for children. The resources will impact our abilities to serve hundreds of thousands of students through robust and authentic sharing of what successful charter teachers and students are achieving every day.”