A schools single largest physical asset is the facility itself and we are here to help the many members of the charter school facility ecosystem make the most of it. From space usage and multi-year space planning to trainings and project management, partner with charter school specific knowledge, skills, and expertise to advance your schools initiatives.
Summer 2018 Facilities Webinars
Join the National Charter Schools Institute this summer and tackle space use and project planning at your facility!
Feeling the Squeeze? Space Use for Academic and Financial Success!
Now Offering Five Dates
Additions and Renovations: Your Project Forecast!
Now Offering Three Dates
We work with Academies, Boards, Management Companies, and Authorizers through the lifecycle stages of schools:
- New Schools
- Operating Schools
- Expanding/Contracting Schools
- Charter Renewal
To do so, we offer services in three different ways:
Supporting projects and initiatives with guidance and perspective
Performing defined services or completing requested tasks
Managing specific aspects of whole project
What are your facilities issues? Every school is unique. Let us know about yours and we will work to find the best way to assist yourneeds. We have also developed a series of core services that schools commonly use.
Do you ever look around at space in your building and wonder, “what if?” or wished someone could come in and help with direction? The one-day Fresh Take Space Evaluation is designed to help schools take action on immediate improvement and help set a course for lasting positive change.
A one-day visit anywhere in Michigan to making lasting positive change, includes:
- Pre-visit survey to familiarize us with your building and goals
- On-site walk through to see the building and your needs through your eyes
- On-site debrief of observations and recommendations for improvement
- Receive best practices materials and pro-tips for better space usage
- Post visit follow-up phone conference to help answer additional questions
- Written summary of recommendations to solidify the course for improvement
- One-Day Fresh Take Space Evaluation
- Floor Plan Update and Data Diagnostic
- Adjacency Study, Right Sizing Space Study, and 90% Utilization Goal Exercise
- Optimized Conceptual Floor Plan
- Space and Enrollment Optimization Study
- Renovation/Additions Project Guidance and Concept Development
Offering training for your constituent schools to empower them to practice better space usage and get them on track for executing great renovation or addition projects.
- Space Usage Best Practices
- Renovations or Additions; Structuring the Process
- Renovation or Additions; Navigating the Process
- Defining and Initiating
- Planning and Design
- Construction and Turnover
Contact Us Today!
Learn More About Our School Facilities Expert
Dustin has experience working on nearly 20 new school construction projects, numerous building renovations and additions, and has completed nearly 100 space assessments. He has a Master of Architecture, Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, and a Graduate Certificate of Real Estate Development. With his breadth of experience in the charter sector and depth of training, he knits together the big picture when it comes to school facilities.