At Jackson Preparatory & Early College in Jackson, MI
The National Charter Schools Institute is leading the search for Jackson Preparatory & Early College (JPEC) which is seeking a new CEO /Superintendent who has the passion, knowledge and skills to grow and advance its mission. JPEC is an established and successful public school academy, located on the Central Campus of Jackson College, which is committed to implementing, with fidelity, the practices and standards of the early middle college model. Jackson College is the school’s founder, the school’s authorizer and, as importantly, a powerful partner dedicated to the school’s mission and success. JPEC currently serves approximately 330 students in grades 6-12 and offers students an opportunity for an Associate’s Degree, as well as a high school diploma, upon graduation. The ideal candidate for this CEO/Superintendent role will be able to demonstrate a track record of success, including the ability to effectively:
- Communicate a bold vision, inspire confidence, and support a winning team;
- Encourage and empower students to take ownership of their education;
- Develop an organizational culture that relentlessly pursues excellence;
- Foster change and disruptive innovations that improve teaching and learning;
- Cultivate trust and respect with a diverse group of people; and
- Collaborate with the governing board and the authorizer in advancing a school of distinction.
A Master’s Degree in Education or related field is required, as is a Michigan Administrator’s Certificate (or eligibility for certification). A minimum of five years of experience in leading a school is expected and experience in the charter school sector is preferred. A willingness to work in a Policy Governance environment with the Board is required.
The National Charter Schools Institute has the privilege of facilitating the Jackson Preparatory & Early College search process for the CEO/Superintendent. The JPEC Board of Governors has established a position description detailing the roles, responsibilities and professional qualities and attributes of the ideal candidate. The Board has established a base salary beginning at $100,000. A negotiated salary and benefits package will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted not later than 4pm on January 28, 2022.
All questions regarding the search should be directed to Robert Herrera at (517) 605-6117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, download the job description PDF.
January 28, 2022, by 4pm
Selection of candidates to interview
March 7-11, 2022
March 14-25, 2022
For further information about Jackson College, JPEC, or the Institute, please visit the following links:
- Jackson College – https://www.jccmi.edu
- Jackson Preparatory & Early College - https://www.jacksonpec.org
- The National Charter Schools Institute - www.CharterInstitute.org